return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Thorny Devil . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Aug 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Aug 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Aug 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Sept 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Sep 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Sept 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Sept 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Sept 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need a NYC Male Veiled to take care of my precious 6 mo. old Female

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Occhipinti on February 10, 2000 at 23:33:20:

I am asking for help and willing to pay for it if need be. I was given a 5 mo. old female veiled chameleon as a gift (I won't even get into the fact she was sold without the purchaser being given key information about her). She is in terrific condition, and just shed her skin perfectly. I've had her almost 3 weeks and so far she is thriving. She has a voracious appetite, is growing like a weed, and has a keen desire for exploring. And she stretches like a cat, with her tail pointed rapier strait. She's awesome, no doubt about it. She's already converted so many herp haters! However, I have read distressing news. If a female veiled is unbred for her first clutch, she will die eggbound. This can't happen! I will be crushed if she doesnt get a nice full lifespan. So I have some questions and hope some kind hearted individual can help me.

a) Does anyone in the tristate New York Metro area have a 6-8 mo old male vield to romance my girl?
b) Is it true most female veileds only last 4 or 5 clutches due to the stress of their enormous clutch sizes?
c) Can anything be done to shrink the clutch size to wild proportions? I am thinking either starving her for 3 days before mating, dropping the length of daylight drastically for a couples days, dropping the high temp temporarily or some combinations thereof.. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Picture will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike Occhipinti
zorkbear@aol.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: