kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

OK how about this...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by chris_harper2 on May 11, 2003 at 23:11:33:

In Reply to: OK how about this... posted by Krystal19_85 on May 11, 2003 at 19:34:04:

Hi Krystal,

I suggested this in one of my e-mails and you did not like it for some reason. I think you wanted to see the wood or something.

But obviously I think it's a good idea since I suggested it :-)

But don't build a box that you then fit into the cage.

Build and shim the floor and install that first. Next do the back, sides, and top one piece at a time.

The last piece should be the front lip.

I really believe it will be easier this way vs. building a box.

I have heard that the Bean Farm and Cobra UTH's are the same product or at least very similar. Which one you use will be determined by what your ambient room temp. is and how much ventilation you have.

You can always build your cages to accept a larger size of UTH and then put in a smaller one if it's too much.

For what it is worth, I've heard the Boaphile PVC cages can be heated with remarkably little heat tape due to the conductive nature of the PVC.

:OK, Mom has another suggestion. why not make a box out of the expanded PVC that fits perfectly in each cage with a lip on the front, and the rest is open, but the whole top, sides, and back would be PVC! I like it, and then the UTH could still go under it the same way. Any problems with this idea?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]