kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

clear epoxy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by chris_harper2 on May 02, 2003 at 22:47:56:

In Reply to: clear epoxy vs. oil-based polyurethane posted by Krystal19_85 on May 02, 2003 at 20:38:51:

:Any suggestions on brands, ect...?

Enviro-Tex is one that I find locally all the time. It's a two pary epoxy that runs for about $50 per gallon. I'm not sure what the coverage is, however.

Tapplastics.com has some clear epoxies available as well that I think are cheaper. I'm not sure if they are the pour-on type or not. Worth checking into.

You'll want to put the epoxy on after the cage is assembled. Lay the cage on it's back to do the back, on it's side to do the sides, etc.

You really don't want that layer of epoxy between your edges when you assemble the cage. What if the epoxy dries a bit thicker at one end of the cage? Could make things uneven.

The face frame will be difficult this way, but not impossible. At least with the face frame nobody will ever see it so if you slop it one with a brush and it looks bad only the snakes will "see" it.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]