kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

what type of plywood?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by chris_harper2 on April 28, 2003 at 17:35:58:

In Reply to: what type of plywood? posted by Krystal19_85 on April 28, 2003 at 17:01:37:

:What type would you suggest?

I really like both birch and oak-laminated plywood. If you do go with a door frame it will be slightly easier to build out of birch, but the oak will probably match it's related plywood better.

:I have heard of radiant heat pannels but never seen one nor do I know of anyone who has one, what are the price ranges and where can I get one? (I would put it on the top of the cage)

Post a separate thread with radiant heat panels in the title. Big Apples are the cheapest (I think they call them Desert Rays) as they are less water-resistant. But they should be find for a Ball Python. I don't have any experience with these so I don't want to make any recommendations.

:And if I did this what do you suggest for ventalation?

Ventilation vents are available in many shapes and sizes. You might also post another thread with this question specifically and see what replies you get.

:>Ceramic tile (grouted and then the whole thing sealed) on bottom inside for easy clean up.

I've seen a lot of cages built this way and the snake deficate always got ground into the grout. But maybe your cousin has a solution for this.

:I just meant framed to hold the glass and handle and locks, not a big frame. I don't want a sliding door, I really prefer the flip down type.

I still think an acrylic door with no frame will look the nicest and be easiest to assemble. You can still have locks, handles, etc. with a frameless door.

:Also what do you suggest forr substrate?

For BP's I like a substrate they can burrow into slightly. Numerous choices there. Shredded paper, carefresh, aspen, etc.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]