kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: lysol!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by joemichaelaz on April 17, 2003 at 03:06:14:

In Reply to: Re: lysol!!! posted by cLove on April 16, 2003 at 19:48:01:

:You sound way too surprised about this. I assume that as surprised as you are, you may have been taking liberties with the snake around the 4 yr old before. No big deal if it's your arm, what if it was the kid's? Everyone should realize this is a part of keeping big snakes. They are not dogs, they are not completely predictable. Keep some jack daniels or any kind of alcohol around the cage for the next time it happens, which is not entirely unlikely. Mine did not learn that I was too big to eat the first time she bit, don't assume yours will either.

:Out of curiosity, what were the circumstances of the bite? Were you reaching into the cage? Had you been holding her and she bit while you were holding her? Or had you put her down and then she bit?

She was out of the cage around my neck.. as I was holding her she bit.. this was my first time bitten ... what do you make of it ??? Thanks for the reply....

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]