kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: First home made incubator,to Tim Madsen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by Tim Madsen on April 02, 2003 at 21:06:27:

In Reply to: Re: First home made incubator,to Tim Madsen posted by P-RAT on April 02, 2003 at 20:42:01:

:::This is my first home made incubator.Is't a heavy styrofoam shipping container,1in heat cable controled by a seprate thermostat.The thermometer cable gose thru the top so I can view the temps from outside the box,water bowl in bottom; rack will hold 4 containers,any imput on this would be helpful,like air holes in box or containers,THANKS TO ALL,P-RAT
:::

::
::If you feel you have to have a incubator I would add a backup thermostat. Rig it so that it shuts off your heater. This would prevent cooking your eggs incase of a heater malfunction. I personally think it's a waste of money to use a incubator for colubrid eggs. Not to mention the chance of loosing a whole seasons eggs to heater malfunction.
::

:So your saying if I use one to do something like hook up a lets say a dimmer switch inbeteen the termostat and the heat tape.I live in up state NY and don't know if I'll have a room warm enough by the time there laid to not use an incubator.The room would have to be around 82deg wouldn't it,Thanks for the responce,P-RAT

:
:

If you will only have a shoe box or two of eggs, I'd just put them on top of the refrigerator. Check it out and see it's usually nice and warm there.

Tim

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]