kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

need some advice (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by SynSizer on May 11, 2003 at 13:04:44:

In Reply to: need some advice posted by josh_40 on May 11, 2003 at 11:50:59:

First off, I commend you for you efforts. It sounds like you are on the right track. I tried hard NOT to be condescending in my first post and tried to give advice that could help. Had you have provided this information in the last post, I imagine the responses may have been somewhat different. There are too many times people (inexperienced of all ages) jump the gun with their endeavors and the snakes and our hobby are jeopardized by it. If you go back and read your first post as if you knew nothing about the poster, you may see where this type of conclusion may have been drawn. My two cents on it would be find a young Columbian who is positively feeding well, give it time (as you mentioned), be sure to know the appropriate temp gradients and humidity needs, and proceed from there. If you have been in here lurking around for any amount of time, you surely know some people get nailed to the wall from time to time. The responses you received from John and I did not do this. We read the post and gave a response as you requested, based on the information you provided. I cannot speak for John, but I imagine he, as well I, wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

When posting in the future, provide as much relevant info as possible. Perceived conclusions will always be drawn by the reader based on what is provided. This is how responces are derived. As a matter of note, there may not EXACTLY be "mean" snakes, but there are some species of highly AGGRESSIVE snakes. Well, best of luck and let us know how it go's. "Chuck"

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]