kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well, no eggs yet...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by falias on May 09, 2003 at 03:23:39:

In Reply to: Well, no eggs yet... posted by georgio on May 08, 2003 at 22:53:29:

How often was popeye near her? If you saw him trying to mate with her there is a good chance that he did. They can do it in the blick of an eye...literally seconds. If you ever left them alone together there is a good chance they mated. If you took more then a few seconds to break them up when you saw him on her then there is a good chance they have mated. Some dragons like to take their time with it...I have some males that go on and on until I have to remove them because I feel sorry for the girl. But there are definatly those 3 second guys. And it only takes once. But let her take her time with the laying thing. Especially if it is her first time. She needs to figure things out. Make sure he soil is wet so the walls don't cave in on her. Some females get bothered by activity outside the laying box, some don't care. I have one female that every time she goes to lay she will just keep digging and digging until she hits glass, then she tries to dig through that. I have to reach in, get her out of the hole, turn her around, and put her back in. Then she starts laying immediatly. Everytime without fail. But you might want to check the eggs before you toss'em, especially if they come out nice and not deflated. Good luck. Keep us posted. Oh try to get the soil nice and warm. Some females won't lay in cool soil.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]