kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Great news! ....BTW, 49 BPs??? Holy crap! =) np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by Thomas S. on May 15, 2003 at 02:06:38:

In Reply to: Wow some new updates PICS and a BIG surprise to me posted by Damon on May 14, 2003 at 14:04:44:

:Just had to share the good news with everone.. Was up until 5AM feeding all the snakes... Another normal Tuesday night..

:Once I get in there, and if they are eating, I cannot stop offering :) I try to break it up over 2-days just for FEEDING, but once your in there, and all sweaty and HOT, its just nice to get it all finished.

:(1). The female HET albino 400-gram girl, who has been off feed for YES 10 months and 18-days, finally ate last night! I was in total shock!! I said screw it I'm leaving a live mouse in there until I am done offering food to the other 49 BP'S!

:Well it took her atleast 20 mins but she slammed the mouse! I stood by with a freshly killed SMALL rat, and placed it in her mouth to add a little weight to the total meal.

:If she eats again in 10-days I will be in shock, but I won't count on it. Was going to take a photo, this morning but I'm afraid to bother her.

:(2). 4 month fast by one of most prized HET albino females looks like its history. She ate last week, and ate again last night. She is a 2001 snake weighing in around 1400 grams and from VPI.

:

:(3). One my nicer looking CH'ed 2002 females, ate last-night for THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE!! Yes LIFE! I've been assist feeding her since I have had her. She has some great weight on her and I beleive she is around 700-725 grams. If she was hungry she would take a rat or mouse, but only if you placed it her mouth, she then would contrict and eat. I must stress I was not FORCE-FEEDING, just assisting, it didn't seem to stress her at all.

:A few months ago she also went off feed, I stopped the assist feeding, and only offered every 3-weeks. Last night she was very active, I placed a live small rat in her cage, and I already knew from her body-language this rat was in BIG trouble.

:And finally FOR the first time she struck dead-on! I was amazed, it's as if something in her brain said, it's time to bite the bullet and just go for it.

:

:My male pastel this morning, He loves pounding the rats :) I just wish he were a little brighter, but he has great shape, HUGE head, looks like he will make a nice strong stud someday.

:

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]