kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wow some new updates PICS and a BIG surprise to me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by Damon on May 14, 2003 at 14:04:44:

Just had to share the good news with everone.. Was up until 5AM feeding all the snakes... Another normal Tuesday night..

Once I get in there, and if they are eating, I cannot stop offering :) I try to break it up over 2-days just for FEEDING, but once your in there, and all sweaty and HOT, its just nice to get it all finished.

(1). The female HET albino 400-gram girl, who has been off feed for YES 10 months and 18-days, finally ate last night! I was in total shock!! I said screw it I'm leaving a live mouse in there until I am done offering food to the other 49 BP'S!

Well it took her atleast 20 mins but she slammed the mouse! I stood by with a freshly killed SMALL rat, and placed it in her mouth to add a little weight to the total meal.

If she eats again in 10-days I will be in shock, but I won't count on it. Was going to take a photo, this morning but I'm afraid to bother her.

(2). 4 month fast by one of most prized HET albino females looks like its history. She ate last week, and ate again last night. She is a 2001 snake weighing in around 1400 grams and from VPI.

(3). One my nicer looking CH'ed 2002 females, ate last-night for THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE!! Yes LIFE! I've been assist feeding her since I have had her. She has some great weight on her and I beleive she is around 700-725 grams. If she was hungry she would take a rat or mouse, but only if you placed it her mouth, she then would contrict and eat. I must stress I was not FORCE-FEEDING, just assisting, it didn't seem to stress her at all.

A few months ago she also went off feed, I stopped the assist feeding, and only offered every 3-weeks. Last night she was very active, I placed a live small rat in her cage, and I already knew from her body-language this rat was in BIG trouble.

And finally FOR the first time she struck dead-on! I was amazed, it's as if something in her brain said, it's time to bite the bullet and just go for it.

My male pastel this morning, He loves pounding the rats :) I just wish he were a little brighter, but he has great shape, HUGE head, looks like he will make a nice strong stud someday.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]