kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

luck with WC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by larryskeepers on May 12, 2003 at 22:23:55:

In Reply to: Has any one else had any luck with WC posted by Krystal19_85 on May 12, 2003 at 18:09:39:

You know I have had great luck with my CH babies.. They take a little more patience and more time but I believe that they are all animals and need love and respect whether CB, CH, or WC. I dont agree with people who wont take a snake home due to there lack of willing-ness to work with a CH or WC snake. I understand that sometimes they are harder but i have a tendence to look at it like this. If i dont take this little guy home then maybe he will go home with someone who doesnt have as much experiance as I do and maybe they won't have as good of a home as I could give them... Either way they are going home with someone. They are already in the states and they will be sold one way or another. These stores wouldnt have them if they didnt make money on them. My ball pythons are both CH babies, I got one from LLL Reptiles just a few weeks ago and She is doing wonderful... The other was purchased through a small breeder here in my home town. I think it depends on the particular snake, BUT enough rambling... With enough love and attention your ball will be a wonderful pet.

As for names, Steve and I try to keep to the Roman/Greek god theme. It seems to make us happy... So far there is Posidon , and Eos But as far as our Balls go we have had no graceful names... There is Larry who would have been Mary but he's a little boy, and then there is our new girl Spot, who well is names after her spots.. Strange I know but Steve and I just throw some names back and forward for the better part of an hour before we settled with Spot. I guess the names are only important to us so it doesnt really matter what we call them. Each snake is special to us in there own way and every name fits the snake's personality perfectly. Larry is as calm and plan as his name suggests. Poseidon is full of spit and vineger just as his greek god was from whom he got his name. Eos fits her color and temperment perfectly, She's as calm as the morning sun rise. And Spot.. Well Spot is just a baby and her personality is still being revelled to us. We are to recieve another Hogg Island Boa, a little boy here in another week and are still working on names for him when he arives.. anyways i think thats enough for me. Hope i could help.

Rose & Steve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]