kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need your wisdom about imitators

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by ckrupke on May 05, 2003 at 12:27:47:

In Reply to: Need your wisdom about imitators posted by shopaholic on May 05, 2003 at 00:01:00:

:1. Is it premature to get any imitators with just a month of experience on Tinks?

Maybe a little... just because they are smaller and therefore a little more difficult to monitor.

:2. Are imitators the easiest, hardiest, boldest, prolific enough of the Thumbnails?

No, I think that vents are better candidates in the categories you listed.

:3. Will any of the vendors present at the show likely to have any of them? And has anyone had anyone reputable to recommend? Or is Saurian.com still seemly most recommended?

Probably will be several vendors selling them at the show but they will not last long.

:4. How many Imitators can be kept together, what is the minimum size requirement(I know for the Tinks 10 Gal/frog)So is it the same or less per imitator frog?

I think 3 or 4 can be kept in a 20 gallon tall provided there is lots of territory.

:I am trying to be as responsible as I can, I just hate to miss out on the opportunity of the show plus I think I'll hardly be able to keep myself from getting something at an event that will relagate me to being like a child in a candy store. So, I am asking ahead to prevent something impulsive from happening if it is very unwise or at least gather as much info in the time I have left. Know what I mean? thanks!!

If you are set on imitator, nothing will dissuade you from getting them. I would advise perhaps another thumbnail at this time. In my experience, yellow vents have all the personality and beauty and breed readily as well.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]