kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Strange noise from snake, possible infection??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alterna Forum ]

Posted by jim_d on October 10, 2002 at 19:41:53:

In Reply to: Strange noise from snake, possible infection?? posted by jwags818 on October 09, 2002 at 23:29:59:

If it is going into shed then, most likely there is no problem. Occasionally some of my alterna get that when the weather starts to get cool. Some of them never seem to get it - ever. Usually some heat will be all it takes to heal it.

Two years ago one of my large males got it pretty bad and I finally took him to the vet some time in the winter. The remedy was a heat pad and orally injected Baytril. He quickly recovered and began eating again. While he was wheezing he was still rather aggressive and feeding response was not an issue. it was rather expensive for the vet trip, but he is still healthy now.

I also had a two year old come down with it back in '96 and I took him to the vet - it was $125 and three trips for injections of baytril. I'd recommend against the shots because it was probably unnessisary for one and secondly just now, 6+ years later he has a 3/4" lump in his neck that seems to have developed in the spot of the shot. over the years he has had the problem occasionally but he seems to pull through on his own, well mayby with a heat pad.

Good Luck
Jim

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alterna Forum ]