kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Too good to be true?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The CITES Forum ]

Posted by rkreptiles on March 23, 2003 at 09:52:44:

In Reply to: Too good to be true? posted by ionidesi on March 22, 2003 at 10:41:56:

Being APP I does not mean it requires special paperwork. if the animal is ESA than it will require bot you and he to have a USDI captive bred permit. There are many APP I animals that are not ESA that can be legally shipped across state lines without any problems. I would recommend contacting the USFW DMA to find out for sure if the animal has a USDI permit requirement. if it is a USDI required animal and he ships it with only a letter as stated then the shipper and receiver will both have violated federal law.

US Fish and Wildlife Service
Division of Management Authority
4401 N. Fairfax Drive
Room 700
ARLINGTON, VA 22203
(703) 358 2093
(703) 358 2104

:I saw an animal that is for sale that is on Appendix 1 list. Seller says that they are captive born and all they need to give me is a "reciept" that states that the animals are on a "permanent breeding loan". This paperwork is all I would need according to him and I would not need anything else. My state has no restrictions and he says he has all the necessary paperwork to show that the adults were legal. No state to state papers are needed as well? Like I said, is it too good to be true?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The CITES Forum ]