kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Its a Box turtle, but what kind?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ What Kind of Turtle is This Forum ]

Posted by nebit on January 16, 2003 at 20:35:09:

Hi, since you all seem to be such eager turtle enthusiasts I'm hoping you can help me id my pet. I know he's a box turtle, and I'm thinking he's a three-toed. But I can't find any pics that look like him. all the other turtles are, well, much more beautiful. (Sorry Mikester!). Mikey is a drab olive brown on his shell and his underside is about the same, with a touch of orange. He has three scutes(is that the right word?) on top and then a ring of 10 around that and 23 around that. I don't know if thats helpful or not...He also has a small notch on his upper shell right apove his nose. the rest of him is also a drab olive brown, slightly darker than his shell. On his forlegs he has orangish spots and the tip of his nose is orangeish as well. He has 3 claws on each back foot and five on each front. He enjoys water alot! He is always in his pool. Is he just a really drab 3 toed? I'd really like to know what he is for certain. If anyone can point me toward pics of similar turtles I'd greatly appreciate it. Don't worry, Drab or not, the Mikester is still a stud in my book. I look forward to your replies, if I can provide any further info let me know. Thanks. -Katie

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ What Kind of Turtle is This Forum ]