kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Latastia longicaudata longicaudata np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]

Posted by 59herps on February 12, 2003 at 21:45:35:

In Reply to: Unknown southern African lacertid posted by paalexan on February 12, 2003 at 19:19:24:

:AKA `Kalahari spotted sand lizard', as per link below. Just bought 1.2 of the little guys from Mark M. Lucas. Look like they'll do well, but I don't know what they are... I'm fairly certain they're lacertids in either Meroles, Nucras, or Pedioplanis. Nucras is most likely, I think. In addition to what you can gather from the picture, I can tell you that they have keeled subdigital lamellae, which an out-of-date guide to the reptiles of Kruger National Park (in South Africa, IIRC) tells me means that this is Nucras... but I don't trust the guide too much, and would like to get closer than the genus anyhow... Anyone have an idea what these are? I can provide more information or pictures upon request...
:Right now I've got them in cages that are 20 gallon-ish (24"X15"X16"), with a couple inches of sand, heat lamp keeping half of the cage at about 95F, some pieces of grape-vine for them to hide under, trying to keep the substrate moistish towards the bottom, as I've seen advised for Eremias, the closest relatives I can find care info about. Suggestions?

:Patrick Alexander

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]