kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: What is this!!?!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Thamnophile on November 01, 2002 at 16:57:43:

In Reply to: What is this!!?!? posted by Crowley on November 01, 2002 at 00:46:20:

Sorry, I don't remember the issue, but there is a back issue of Reptiles (within the past year) with an article about curly-tails. And your right, although it's a curly-tail, L. schreiberi doesn't actually curl it's tail. The other species do though. Great, friendly lizards as I remember - I had one in Jr. High, many years ago - I won't offer any care info, since I can't truly say I had cared for it properly back then. Maybe try Melissa Kaplan's website for a caresheet? Good luck, and funny pic, lol.

Lisa

:Ok... this picture is horrible, it doesnt show the color's of the lizard at all, however it does show the size and body structure.

:There is small spine that runs down the length of it's back... in the right light, it shines like a goldish silver iridescent color.

:The top or (back) of the lizard was a brownish green which FADED into a very cool looking blue/green spotted belly... the underside of the lizard was a nice red color, spanning from the belly to the end of the tail.

:We were told it was a Desert Iguana, after ruling that out because of lack of color... I began my search to find it's real identity.

:Next, I found the SAME EXACT lizard for sale in PetCo, it was labeled "Bahama Curly Tail" I came home... looked it up, and in fact LOOKS like the same lizard, yet again is lacking the color's of this one. Also, I never saw him curl his tail like the curly tails... So I guess Petco had their reptile labeled wrong :)

:This is my friends lizard and we have no idea what it is... Also, it will go under a rock and completely bury itself in the sand... making sure it's whole body is covered.

:Please help! I will try and get my friend to send a better picture so we can correctly identify it :)

:Thanks
:Crowley
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]