kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

EDB's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by MsTT on May 13, 2003 at 15:24:20:

In Reply to: Whadda ya mean a klutz? posted by jared w on May 13, 2003 at 14:24:32:

:Yeah right TT, every time we have met ya seemed pretty well organized. I always appreciate your comments and support, hows the rehab on the edbs going?

Yeah, but I still drop my chopsticks and have reflexes too slow to play those shoot'em up computer games that my housemates are addicted to. LOL

Two EDB's in rehab now, one is pretty much ready to go and eats voluntarily despite a missing chunk of tail and broken ribs courtesy of a twit with a shovel. He just shed this morning in fact, and he looks quite good. Getting this little guy back up to par took many months of assist feeding and medication and an operation at the vet clinic to take care of his tail. Did I mention that I really hate twits with shovels?

The other EDB just came in a few weeks ago and is totally emaciated, just a skeleton. Probably a habitat displacement case; poor thing obviously had nowhere to go and nothing to eat. I'm doing all I can for the little guy, but I can't say how this case is going to go yet. I hope he'll make a full recovery. I've pulled them back from worse than what this animal looks like, but it takes time.

Some folks from a zoo out of state who have an excellent vet on staff are coming to visit in June. If they want some Easterns they'll probably go home with these animals so I can make room for the next batch that needs vet care.

Cheers,

TT

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]