kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

wow you lost track of the thread

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by budman 1st on May 11, 2003 at 16:05:10:

In Reply to: VENOMOIDS vs. IMPORTS posted by ImportedDeath on May 11, 2003 at 13:32:37:

rich clearly stated in his venomoid ads WC that means wild caught then venomoided duh.
wild caught mambAS YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!
SO YOU ARE POINTING TO RICHES WILD CAUGHT STUFF?
here is the topic wild man venomoidS BAD OR not!
I dont think anyone cares about youR rantingS and ravingS.
YOU HAD A SNAKE WITH PARASITES LEARN TO IDENTIFY AND TREAT IT
LIKE ALL OF US THEN IT WOULD NOT HAVE DIED YOUR FAULT.
we have our own rant going on.
ABOUT VENOMOIDS.
HAHA
We need a rant and rave forum now.

:I couldn't agree more - I am so sick of hearing about VENOMOID rants when half of these supposed "legit" herpers rape & pillage wild populations whenever they get the opppurtunity to make fifty cents. Most will flat-out lie about the origin of the animal & tell an unexpecting customer that it is a C.b. when it is fresh off the boat. Looks good enough to be a C.b. animal - right.? The whole point in captive propagation is to supply the demand for animals through concentrated breeding efforts. Most of these "nosey" non-venomoiders are low-down shady importers who could care less about the health of the animals (or their keepers). If you don't like Venomoids - don't buy them - I know I don't buy your imported crap!! I don't complain to you about the half-dead animals on your tables. There are exceptions - rare species & oddball mutations that wouldn't make it in the wild anyways. If someone wants to spend an extra $300 on an animal to have it Venomoid that is their right to do so!! It is far better than spending $30,000 in hospital bills & legal fines. What if there are children that live in the house w/ venomous animals? You say no VENOMOIDS - I say no wild-caught animals. There are exceptions - rare species & oddball mutations that wouldn't make it in the wild anyways. I guarantee more animals die from being plucked out of the wild than animals being operated on to make them safe captives. I say shame on you for trying to sell that parasite infested crap - leave it in the wild where it belongs & quite making yourselves look like "know-it-all" nazis!!!! I keep both hot & venomoids (10+ yrs.) & refuse to believe that removing the venom glands from an animal is the same as filing down a dog's teeth!! Ludacris comparison. Stay out of others business or someone may aim for your glass house. P.S. Keep your parasite & bacteria infested crap away from my table - yuk!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]