kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

do people here look at what were doing?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by snkkpr01 on May 11, 2003 at 02:07:51:

In Reply to: do people here look at what were doing? posted by daniel_exotics on May 11, 2003 at 00:49:08:

:hello every one. i have been collecting reptiles for 13 years, i have been a breeder, wholesaler, and actual petstore during this time. i love animals,venomous or not. i do have several hot snakes and i do not own a venomoid at this time, this is realy not the point any more is it? sit back and read this forum? this is suppoed to be a area whare people come for advice about ther loved animals and how to breed and interact with people of the same likeness, stand back and look with a clear mind with no political BS at all the posts in the last few days? nothing but politics, one post from a beginer trying to talk to a bunch of grown men/women for advice? shoulent it be several post on breeding and maybe a few political gripes? how is all this bettering the cause? in my area reptiles venomous and not are geting banned by the hand full, we can only keep a few of these great animals and why? people cant keep ther politics within check and PUBLIC balance, great have a view point its the right of everyone but dont flood a educational websight and make more negitive press for us who are honered just to keep and learn from our animals. we are all in this place to share our minds and enhance our reptiles life, venom glands or non, breeding,feeding,temper,and longevity in captivity is the same, so respect the fact its the same animal and still is what it is OUR MUTUAL HOBBIE. lets quit this childish act and represent information, not emotion please, kids are reading and my acualy want some help from some of all your great experiance, but whare is it? not here.... sad and disapointing that not by choice our local public opinion is formed by reading this type of info, we wonder why we get persicuted by local fish and game and another great animal is banned..these banns are done by species, not ther venom glands or if ther a venomoid.
:sorry, i have read in disgust for a few days and pray this can go back to whare it should be EDUCATIONAL AND FUN
:

I do agree with you Daniel but I just think some of this needed to be said. I am sick and tired of being bashed just because I own a venemoid. All of my snakes(over50) are captive bred, and I would say that if anyone wants to start complaining about owning wild caught animals a whole bunch of people would get involed. Every snake out there started in the "wild" not a test tube. So morally maybe we are all WRONG no matter what level it is.
Thank You
Darin Gray

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]