kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I don't think it's quite that easy....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by snakecharmer on April 17, 2003 at 10:47:16:

In Reply to: I don't think it's quite that easy.... posted by gila7150 on April 16, 2003 at 18:59:35:

::If you have a license or permit from another state, Fl. will accept that but you will have to send a copy plus your $5. to get a Fl. license. Fl. Fish & Game has a website, you could email them and/or check the regulations if you're out of state.

:I think it will be a little tougher than mailing fish and wildlife a $5 check.
: I had to send them detailed documentation of 1,000 hours of handling/husbandry experience from the two individuals that I did my apprenticeship with. After my documentation was approved a fish and wildlife officer had to come out to my house to talk to me in person and inspect my reptile room and secure caging. He submitted his report and my permit was mailed to me a few weeks later. I don't think they'll be mailing permits across the country to people who aren't even FL residents for $5 but I could be wrong. I'm not aware of any temporary permits issued by F&W.
: Apparently, proper legal shipping containers will be available for sale at the show. Maybe if people work it out with the vendors, they can get all the animals they purchase at the show shipped together so they only have to pay the $75 once. That wouldn't be so bad but I can see how it would suck to have to pay shipping on several individual purchases.
: Chris

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]