kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Digging, Digging, Digging

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by gabered on May 10, 2003 at 09:00:34:

Hello,

I have two Mali Uros, a male and a female, that are a few years old. Yesterday and today my female is constantly digging in the sand. I have them in a 55 gal. aquarium with playsand and large rocks. In the hot end basking area the temp is about 110 and it cools off on the cool side to about 75 - 80. At night a little cooler. They are eating well and no other weird behavoir. Could it possible the female is gravid? And if so how can I tell? I was thinking about putting up a hide box with a little moister potting soil etc for her to dig in. If nothing at all it will be a place for her to dig to her hearts content? Please give some advice, she's digging under heavy rocks and I'm afraid she my dislodge some of the rocks above her.

Thanks
Gabe

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]