kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

New little girl mali =)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by msmmarie on April 28, 2003 at 11:16:34:

Well all, I don't have pics yet but I got a new little girl mail over the weekend (well little is relative!). I thought mira would be needing some more company as I graduate in two weeks and will be working full time and won't be home with her as much. Mira is already so little (a guy at a frat here gave her to me and she was living in a shoe box so maybe she's stunted) and the newer girl is full grown or close to so she's like twice mira's size but she's a doll!. They look nothing alike though, mira is very very dark (but her femoral pores, shape of her head and lack of a 'bulge' make me think she's definitely female) and the new girl (we named her farasha which means 'butterfly' in egyptian) is huge and very light. Mira is being a little territorial and a throwing a fit from time to time but they bask together and seem generally friendly. Since I got farasha to keep company with mira I'm really concerned that they'll end up being friends. So far ok but I hope it goes better soon. Farasha was eating from my hand about 5 minutes after getting her home on Saturday and she's out basking (she's not sure about all the new noises in her new home though) so I think she's doing great at acclimating. I just hope that they'll be good company for eachother. Cross your fingers for me guys!! lol I'll post pics as soon as I get them =), molly

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]