kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Press: A 5ft Snake In My Lavvy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Forum UK ]

Posted by W von Papineäu on January 30, 2003 at 20:50:16:

DAILY RECORD (Glasgow, UK) 31 January 03 A 5ft Snake In My Lavvy - Mum's teror at escaped reptile (David Connor)
A young mum was more than rattled when she went to the toilet - and saw a five-foot snake sticking out the bowl.
Terrified Angela Gourlay, 30, ran from her flat screaming after calling the police.
But neighbour Audrey Forrester got suspicious when she heard the commotion.
She checked her 14-year-old son Steven's room, found his pet snake had escaped and ran next door to try to retrieve it.
Then Bart, a five-year-old Everglade Rat Snake, tried to make a break for it again.
It was coiled round the bath taps when the women returned and tried to slip through a hole in the wall as they neared.
But calm Audrey, 36, grabbed it by the tail and had it caged before police arrived.
Mum-of-four Angela, from the west end of Edinburgh, put her panic behind her last night and managed to hold her new friend.
She said: "It scared me witless, not because I have a great fear of snakes but it is the last thing you expect to see coming out the toilet."
"I can see the funny side but I'll check the toilet before I sit down in future, just in case."
It is thought the snake found its way through pipes into the neighbouring bathroom.
Audrey added: "The only other explanation I can come up with is that he is a rat snake. Angela used to keep a rat and he might have been able to smell the scent."
The snake is not venomous but does bite if scared or cornered.
Last night, a police spokesman said: "It is unusual to be asked to deal with bathroom scales that pack a nasty bite. Luckily it was all resolved by the time officers got there."

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Herp Forum UK ]