kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hi Cate!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Forum UK ]

Posted by Alansmiley on August 28, 2002 at 02:37:33:

In Reply to: Re: Field herping in Bisley Surrey posted by cate on August 27, 2002 at 16:31:19:

Good to meet you.:¬)
Yes, these were all found in the UK . Do you have any heathland/common land near you?
If so , check there.
I used to have problems finding snakes , but then I started to use the 5ft ahead method .
By this I mean instead of looking down at the ground infront of your feet , look ahead about five foot in front of you.
Don't look on windy days , or on hot sunny days .I see most snakes in muggy overcast weather.
Adders seem to favour basking at the base of Silver birch trees that have been cut down , and grass snakes just seem to appear in front of you suddenly (If you tread very Quietly).

On a different note , I love frogs also :¬) Where do you look for frogs?
There are a few species that i'd like to find but never have :¬(
The natterjack Toad, and i've heard that the marsh frog is now native to Kent. Have you seen either of these?

Cheers, and take care:¬)
Alan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Herp Forum UK ]