kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Press: 'Ssscuse me barmaid, mine's a sssnakebite!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Forum UK ]

Posted by W von Papineäu on August 20, 2002 at 16:44:00:

BOURNEMOUTH DAILY ECHO (UK) 19 August 02 'Ssscuse me barmaid, mine's a sssnakebite!
Photo: SLIPPERY CUSTOMER: Elena Pujol with Smoothy, found outside a Wimborne pub
Escaped snake Smoothy is lucky to be alive after cheating death outside a Wimborne pub.
The two-and-a-half foot long reptile was spotted just yards from a busy road by barmaid Samantha Pujol, 18, who had just finished her shift at the Dormers Hotel.
She said: "We were driving out of the car park and my boyfriend spotted it on the pavement in front of us. It was beginning to head towards the road.
"He ran into the pub and fetched an umbrella and a bar towel and we managed to lift it into a box."
No one knows where the snake came from but he is now in good hands. Samantha took him to the Colehill home of her mum Elena, who has two snakes of her own.
Elena said: "I'm pretty certain it's quite a common smooth-scaled ribbon snake.
"It's in very good condition and has obviously been well looked after."
She has contacted the police and vets in an attempt to trace Smoothy's owner. If you have lost a snake, contact Elena on 01202 882670.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Herp Forum UK ]