kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Feral pigs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]

Posted by jpenney on January 04, 2003 at 18:12:21:

In Reply to: Feral pigs posted by LittleLizard on January 03, 2003 at 15:54:15:

I was up there last year and although I didn't see any pigs, the evidence of them was everywhere. It seemed like there were rooting hole every 20 ft. I work in the brush of South Texas and I hike miles every day through their territory. I run into pigs all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about them. Every time I run into them, the scatter like quail. This is not to say that they wouldn't make a mess of you if you mucked with them but left alone, they pretty much run from you. South Texas really needs to open a year round hunting season on them. There are WAY TOO MANY. On a different note...is it the Ft. Worth Zoo building another Herpetarium? I used to work there as an explorer ages ago. I need to take the daughter there...JP

:What's the latest on the feral hog problem in The Fort Worth Nature Consevancy?
: I don't particularily want to run across a pack while hiking - give me the copperheads anyday....
:Have all the local herp people moved way?
:Hows the new herp building @ the zoo going?
:One last thing, why isn't there a park set aside for the Texas Tortoise???
:LittleLizard

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]