kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Plan on visiting Big Bend Nat. Park ...go to the alterna page and...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sean on May 12, 2001 at 13:30:59:

In Reply to: Re: Plan on visiting Big Bend Nat. Park ...go to the alterna page and... posted by m chambers on May 10, 2001 at 14:05:01:

: find Herping the Trans Pecos by John Hollister. Also try the BBNP home page. Lots of info. When you are down there there is a little pamplet on various species of the park animals including reptiles. BE WARNED though. Any thing that could be construed as "pursueing" wildlife, even to take pictures could land you in trouble. The best way to view wildlife is to drive at night time. But if you come upon any wildlife and "stay" to long, get out of your vehicle, cause undo stress in the form of having a light on the wildlife, anything and if a park ranger sees you it can be construed as pursueing. I know ! I have had warnings on this subject down in Big Bend. And DO NOT HAVE ANY REPTILE CATCHING PARAPHERNALIA in your vehicle. Big Bend is a great place to visit. It is low on vacantioners because of the massive remoteness from other areas and parks. The Big Bend Natural Ranch just outside of the park is a place that you want to visit also. Both places are somewhat untouched and very scenic. Some of us makes yearly pilgrimages down there to collect, observe, photograph, reptiles. (Don't hunt the parks). We like it because it is so secluded and away from everything else.

: Good luck......

: M Chambers

Thanks! I already visited the BBNP page and it does have great info. I was hoping to find some good sites with lots of pictures if anyone knows of any. Also, I went to the alterna page and didn't find what you said (herping the trans pecos. The alterna page is the same as the rat snake page correct? All it has is Rat Snakes of North Amer. Lastly, If I bring a snake hook with me to turn over rocks and look around in the day time, will I get in trouble just for that? Seems like they can't do anything just for looking.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ] [ FAQ ]