kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: spotted turtles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Jesse S. on April 14, 2003 at 13:40:49:

In Reply to: spotted turtles posted by CMTURT on April 14, 2003 at 12:09:22:

Not only are they becoming very rare, they are in fact protected at least to some degree in some of their range. They are also very good looking turtles and stay small and are mild mannered usually accepting pellets and other prepared foods. Your very lucky to be able to see them in the wild. If you keep checking the classifieds CB hatchlings usually pop up as low as 85, have seen them as low as 60 once, but thats very rare. There are some now going for 100 each I believe. That is a relatively fair price.

-Jesse

:why are spotted turtles so expensive? they are not endangered, such as the bog turtle, so i was wondering if anyone can shed light on this. I regularly see spotteds along with painteds in the spring while kayaking--i even managed to catch a spotted with my bare hands(and released --of course--i have a soft heart for any surviving wild-turtle--they are there in the wild--so they ARE survivers and belong to stay there). I would love to buy a c.b. spotted, but $200 is so steep!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]