kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Is there any authority I can report this too

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Jen on March 24, 2002 at 19:18:51:

I was in my local petsmart today (Oxford Valley). My friend and I were wandering around the store looking at reptiles because we had nothing better to do really. Well, I walked over to a tank of Anoles, and immediatly noticed that one of them was dead. I found myself an employee who suprisingly immeadiatly removed the animal. Well, I walked around some more and went to check and see that the dead animal was removed. Upon returning, I noticed that there were at least 2 more dead anoles in the tank. My friend did have a camera, we were planning to get pictures, unfortunately after asking that one dead anole be removed, the employees didn't let us go too far without being watched. I was sickened, one of the anoles was very obviously dead, one eye was so badly crusted over that you could not even tell it was an eye. Others ran all over it and kicked it's head into a log, it didn't move. Crickets in the tank were all dead. I do not know about anoles, but I know full well that they should not be in that condition. I do plan to go back and take pictures. I have a few friends who have agreed to return to the store with me to take photos of the conditions. Depending on how attentive the employees are on the day of my return, I have a few other plans for this store as well. But, please, if there is any authorities to report this too in Bucks County, please notify me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]