kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: 9 of my turtles were stolen!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Lisa on October 10, 2001 at 14:00:37:

In Reply to: 9 of my turtles were stolen!!!! posted by Raven on October 07, 2001 at 20:48:39:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your turtles...

Are you positively sure that they were taken? They couldn't be attempting to hibernate in the muck at the bottom of the pond? Or burrowed into mulch/leaves/hay or under shrubs, etc. to escape the cold temperatures at night?

This is of course considering that I don't know how big your pond is, how much you know about turtle hibernation (we have had some *very* cold nights with frost recently), and whether or not someone actually witnessed the turtles being taken...

If you do have a witness to their being taken, etc. by all means call the police... They do handle "petnapping", etc. and being that Halloween is approaching, some seemingly innocent pranks, can actually have sinister results (ie. animal shelters not adopting out black cats *or* dogs at this time of year). If harm to your turtles results from their being stolen, animal cruelty charges can be leveled at the thieves - often with hefty fines and/or jailtime for the offenders.

If your neighbor can id them, and you are sure that they did take them, trying to contact the parents of these kids, and threatening them with calling the cops, may be enough to get the turtles back.

Good Luck, and let us know what happens...

Lisa

: How would i go about getting back my turtles,....some(4)neighborhood kids (my neighbor can id them, thier faces, but dosent know there names) stole my turtles right out of my pond....what action can i take to get them back? im on the border of harrisburg.....im soo sad...I know the kids 2 they hang around alot,...didnt think theyd steal them;-(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]