kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Red-eyes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]

Posted by RyanD on April 14, 2003 at 20:18:46:

I have a few questions and ideas about what I could do for some red-eyes if I get some.
-Would a 20H be good for 2-3?
My idea of a tank is something like this:
I will have a 20H tank with 1-inch layer of gravel and then on top a 2-3 in layer of dirt. (Not bed-a-beast, it dries out to fast) I could section a corner of the tank and put some water in there or not.
-Could I plant like pothos or arrowhead vine in there?
In “Care and Breeding of Popular Tree frogs” It says those are good grown hydroponically.
-Would this be too messy and a chore to keep?
-Am I better off with a large water dish?
I would put gravel in the section place and siphon it out maybe twice a week or when fouled. Um, tons of varieties of tropical plants, tall and short. Just to list a few, calathea, arrowhead, pothos, pepermonia, ah any more good ones? I want a HUGE variety and it pretty densely planted if possible.
-Would moss grow in their if I kept the humidity up at 70-80%?
-Is that too high?
-Would mold grow?
-Would I need any special lighting?
-What about a fogger to keep up humidity?
-Would a spraying system work better?
-What kind of misting/fogging system?
-Would the fogger hurt the frogs?
-Would bromeliads grow good in there?
-How would you plant them?
-What do you think of tree fern panels for plants to cling to?
-Would that creeping fig plant do well?
Well their's some questions for you guys to answer! Got a lot more ?’s pertaining to what these answers are!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]