kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

been there.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by jagomez64 on January 06, 2003 at 00:22:13:

In Reply to: Poor shed in progress posted by Caivs on January 05, 2003 at 20:55:06:

: well caivs I have the same exact humidity meter(how the hell do u say that anyway?) but Idid happen to notice yours is reading about 66%,you could be having problems containing your humidity also you might want to try cypress mulch sphagnum moss for substrate,with my lil bastards I get the substrate nice & damp plus mist sometimes twice a day-I try not to spray the front of the enclosure so I can see condensation building up thats a good indication that your retainig humidity- be careful not to allow mold to grow or if you smell a moldy stink your not allowing enough circulation and or you substrates too wet,just open your door or screen just enough to allow some fresh air in when hes sleeping and dont mist that day (this can cause a resp if your not on top of it) I also turn the substrate to air it out.NOW 4 the fun part I can only speak 4 myself,I had to soak my atb before I got my humidity up and constant-(no less than75% almost always at 80 and up,roomtemp never exceeds 84 degrees) I took a towle covered her and placed her in a large tupperware that had about 2" of room temp. water for about three hours -once the old shed is soft I put her back hoping she would do the rest, didnt happen, soaked her again and then i had to manually help her ouch ouch ouch- thats the breaKS -THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT SINCE i GOT MY HUMIDITY AND TEMP. IN ORDER SHE'S DONE A GOOD JOB BY HERSELF- as Isaid Ican only speak for myself if you have to go manually make sure the old shed is good and soft-wish you well-jorge I got my first ATB a few months ago, the humidity is above 80% and the temps are 80-95 degrees.
: Two days ago he began to shed but only got as far as his head. Now he looks horrible and he doesn't seem to be attempting to shed the rest. I have been misting him constintly in addition to the pump cycle. Soaking him would be almost impossible because he is such a bastard.
: What else can be done?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]