kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: please help! prt. II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by lizzie on November 24, 2002 at 22:58:04:

In Reply to: Re: please help! prt. II posted by suticat on November 24, 2002 at 22:17:51:

i keep myself updated on the fauna classifieds boi as i always check before buying. i saw that Afredo had a good reputation from what others had posted. im going to email him again with some ideas that i have tommorrow to see what he can do, i hope he's fair.-Darren

: i hope he works with me if crypto is the case.

:
:You may never know the real cause of why it puked. My suggestion is to not waste your time and money and ship it back for a full refund. Let Alfredo do the work. The chance of finding out what is causing it to puke and turning it around are extremely minimal and most likely a very expensive road to travel down. Unless the snake is an absolute one in a million screamer I would get out of this pitfall as soon as possible. If for nothing else the possibility of cross contaminating the others in your colony. Imagine how pi$$ed your going to be if it spreads to the other animals you own.

:New owners make this very costly mistake time and time again with the same result. A dead snake and no refund. It's easy to get sucked in and think you can "fix it." When in actuality, almost every puker dies of dehydration, starvation, or an electrolyte imbalance from constant regurgitating. Unless some unethical dealer tries to keep it alive on a diet of fowl long enough to profit off an suspecting buyer.

:When and if you get your money back, try looking for some of the CBB animals that are for sale here on KS and at the site linked below. And always check sellers out on the BOI at Fauna and the one listed in the site I linked you to. It can save you tons in headaches and from possibly getting ripped off by an unethical dealer. If a person has a bad reputation as a dealer than its that way for a reason. There are plenty of great dealers out there so don't hesitate to move on to the next one.

:
:Good Luck and keep us posted on what happens.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]