kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Help!! Atb babies are throwingup, and have to eat in 2 w

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by The Dark Grove on November 17, 2002 at 00:05:59:

In Reply to: Re: Help!! Atb babies are throwingup, and have to eat in 2 w posted by logan on November 16, 2002 at 21:02:11:

:just out of curiosity, i overheard someone at my local herp shop that fed a fuzzy to a neonate (atb) that was refusing pinkies(or apparently had begun refusing pinkies, since i got the sense that it had eaton two or three before), and now there was a blackish color where the fuzzy was in the stomach. apparently, it hadn't thrown up yet and was otherwise normal. does anyone know the kind of complications that could result from feeding a food item that is too large (with the resulting symptoms as the above) to a neonate atb? the employees were concerned but didn't really know what to do, and i'm not sure if it was they who recomended this thing in the first place. i think the next time i stop by i might try to tell them what happened, if anyone knows anything. thanks.
:

A number of things can happen with too large a food item, the worst is where it's not quite big enough to make 'em puke but just big enough to where it scratches or stretchs the lining enough to cause hemmoraging. Sometimes they'll survive this but mostly they don't. It IS nearly impossible for a very young neonate (1-6 months old)ATB to physically get down anything larger than a 5 day old pinky. Those might not be ATB's ut I'm going off of your post so I don't know if they are.

Hey John....wasn't that "zip lock bag/pinky in the hot water" my idea???? LOL.

Between the two of us we've just about covered every trick to a neonate ATB there has got to be......

Good luck on the little critter.

Ralph

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]