kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thank you...n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by JKUROSKI on April 24, 2003 at 13:18:38:

In Reply to: Hey Jim...what's the scoop? posted by philip_sallee on April 24, 2003 at 11:22:06:

:Yeah go to corallus.com, for breeding, if they are not in the best of health wait till this fall. First you need to fatten up the female, feed her about twice a week for about a month, when she has alot of weight (sorry I dont have a scale yet) start lowering the light till it is down to 4 hrs aday, do it slowly it should take a month for it to get that low. Buy a pump of garden sparyer and mist them about 3 times day, dont lower the temps to much, they go buy light not temp, but do trun off the heat lamps and keep the cage about 75 degs. I usaly start this at thanksgiveing, and end it around Febuary, I then put the male with the female in the middle of January and leave them togetter for about 3-4 weeks. By Febuary you can start raising the light and turn the lamps back on, by May you will want to have them temps on the basking area go up to the high 90's and if the female is graved she will bask nearly all day, and some times lay on her side. It takes about 7 months from mating to birth, if they breed in January they will all most all ways give birth in september, mine bred January 16th and gave birth Augest 27th last year. The female will start geting restless before she give birth, and will usaly lay on the floor of the cage the night she go's. After she gives birth try not to stress her, the babys are about 12-15 inchs, remove them at once, and get each one into there own cage. The neonates have a yoak sack that will last about a week, they will also have there first shed. After this shed offer a diced up pre killed fuzzy with twessers, dont be shocked if they turn it down. In the wild neonates eat lizzerds so a trip to the pet store and get a bag of anoles will help. But thats a totly differnt thing with neonates and is a story for aounther day. But the female will rarly eat when they are graved, mine is about 3-4 months graved and gave up food about two months ago. Well good luck! E-mail me if you need more help!
:Philip

:Philip171@ethixs.com

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]