kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I'm by no means an expert, but....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by philip_sallee on April 24, 2003 at 11:08:16:

In Reply to: I'm by no means an expert, but.... posted by Mike H. on April 24, 2003 at 06:00:52:

Well mike hit it all on the nose, if you need more help go to corallus.com its all about the tree boa family and there fourms get alot more hits then this one. But when amazon tree boas are best as disply snakes, I bought my first one a few years ago and reached my hand into the snake bag and learned very quicky there true nature. But I dident do any resurch and its a very bad idea to buy any herp with out doing alot of resurch. But I would buy a CB baby, but MAKE SURE you know who your buying from, and only buy somthing that has taken 4-5 meals on its own. Most amazons babys wont eat mice and and some times have to be started on lizerds and trined to eat mice. So make sure you know what it is eating, dont buy it if its eating habits are unsure. But I bred amazons for the first time last year and my babys took diced up fuzzys after there first shed so it varys. But if you do your resurch, get a really cool looking cage made, and get a nice looking healthy CB one, they have to be the neatest snake I have ever kept. But beware nearly every one on here has got bit by the amazon bug after there first one and before you know it your breeding them and buying every one you see ;). But check out my website and go to care sheets and click on amazon tree boas, im still working on it and plan on rewrighting the amazon tree boa care sheet soon, but I coverd most of there care. Well best of luck to you!
Philip
www.junglereptiles.cjb.net

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]