kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: LOL oops

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by boaboy13 on March 18, 2003 at 18:11:30:

In Reply to: LOL oops posted by kovu on March 17, 2003 at 22:33:11:

LOL,
It's ok, happens to the best of us. Well "African Tree Boas" need a tall cage. I keep my adult 6 foot female in a cage that is 4 foot long, 1 foot deep, and 3 foot tall. This is a little extream but I like to give my snakes nice big cages. But I keep my male (4 foot) in a 40 gallon tall, (a few inchs bigger then a 29 gallon) and he has plenty of room. Its best to advoide fish tanks on there side, partly becuse its hard to heat. But depending on what size snake your talking about it will depend on the size. Most adults will do fine in a 29 gallon, but if your keeping it as a pet and not breeding it doesnt hurt to give them somthing a little nicer. But your just after hight and width, taller the better. For limbs and branchs nothing works better then nature wood, I use grape vine on all my corallus snakes, But depending on were you live it usaly can be found in any patch of woods, but make sure you are not geting poison ive (spelling?), I bake any wood I use for about 15 mins at 350 degs, this will kill most parasites, but make sure it doesnt flame up! (nearly had it happen once!) But after that you can ether screw it into place or I have herd of people useing glue, but I like screws alot better, first drive the screw all the way in, then cut the back off the screw, then back it back in a little. If you dont do this it can kill your snake! But you may want to have some peaces hanging by wire or string, they tend to like these kind of branchs. After that I added some fake vines and plants and raped them around the grape vine. Next I made a small box on the top of the cage, I put 2 holes in it, one on the side and one on top, and a small door so I can get to her. And I put some buroak bark that came off a big oak after a storm, and I put it in the back of the cage. I put some other small things in like a swinging platform and some other small detals. But this is a very fancy setup, most breeders keep them in a rubbermaid with a pice of PVC pipe runing through the center. But if you need more help e-mail me!
I will try to post some more in depth pictures here soon!
Philip

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]