kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ETB Question?? PLEASE READ (a bit long).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by cnidaria on October 03, 2002 at 04:04:55:

Hey all-

I have a question regasrding ETB behavior. I have heard mixed opinions on emmys going to the cage floor. I have a female emmy that I got from Prehistoric Pets about 2 months ago. She appears in great health, eats like clockwork, and acts like all normal emmys act. She has on occasion decended to the cage floor and stayed there from when her light went out to the following morning. The "grounding" is only overnight, never for days on end. She has only done this a few times, and then resumed normal perching behavior. 2 days ago, she started this again, and this morning, she was curled up under the newspaper at the bottom of her Vision arboreal cage. I used a hook to "aim" her up at her perch, and she quickly climbed up, assuming typical ETB position. However, this evening when the lights went out, she decended again, and is now trying to "bury" herself under the paper again, with just the tip of the tail anchoring her to the perch. Should I be concerned? Is she looking for food...she gets restless when hungry? Again, this is rare behavior, and she acts normal otherwise. I was keeping the basking temp around 80F, but yesterday is measured closer to 82F, since the ambient temp in the room rose from 75F to 77F recently. I turned off the heat lamp tonight to see if it makes a difference. Could she be too warm? I assumed if she were too warm, she would perch as far from the lamp as she could, but she usually perches under the lamp. I also have a full spectrum fluorescent for appearance, which does not seem to bother her much. The beahvior seems to be limited to night only. Any advice would greatly help!

Thanx,
Brian

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]