kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: That was pretty good....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by boaboy13 on February 05, 2003 at 11:06:14:

In Reply to: That was pretty good.... posted by jagomez64 on February 04, 2003 at 20:07:46:

Hey,
They are not very temp sinative at all, To breed you will want to slowly lower the day light to 4-5 hrs each day, keep it at this for at lest a month, then place the 2 snake to geter, (the male with the female) It took mine about 3 weeks this time to fully breed, but they will usaly start not long after you put them to geter, do it at night, and make sure there is no lights, (i usaly check on them at about 3:00 to see what they are doing) but still keep them dark and mist them really heavly. After you have seen them breed for a long time (i have seen mine do it for 14 hrs before!)you can beagin to let the light come back on more, slowly raise the light level till its back at about 12 hrs, you can remove the male after about a month (i sead 2-3 weeks on my web site, this was a misprint and will be fixed) It will take about 7-8 months before the female will give birth, my first litter was 11 babies. (I have some info on care for the young on my care sheet) But i turn my heat lamps off in breeding season, but mostly becuse her cage is at the foot of my bed, (my bed is like a bunk bed, but with no bottom, thats were my gator lives) and it has gotin up to 90 deg one time up there! But it usaly stays about 80-85, with no heat lamp, so when i do have one going i make sure i have a thermostat on it. But good luck! If you need any help at all your more then welcome to e-mail me. (i like helping people with these snakes) philip171@ethixs.com
Well good luck
Philip

P.s
They are very easly snakes to breed, i bred them my first time back when i was 13.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]