kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pet store tortoises

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Brian-SFCRC on April 26, 2003 at 22:17:06:

In Reply to: Pet store tortoises posted by Passport on April 26, 2003 at 16:20:33:

SOUTHERN FLORIDA CORUCIA RESEARCH CENTER (SFCRC)

Hello,

Give me their name and address and I'll have them saying and doing alot more than "ahuh". It sounds alot like a situation where Monkey skinks were kept in bright sunlight under desert like conditions as well. This sh-t has got to stop!

Sincerely,
Brian
SFCRC

le we are on pet peeves I have to mention mine. I stopped in at at one my LFS and saw that they had two approx. 7" redfoot torts for sale. I was horrified to see that they were on sand, and that they had no water, and that the temperature was hot, hot, hot. They were keeping them like they keep their Sulcata babies. I hunted up three different employees and told them that the redfoot needed more humidity and should always have a water bowl available for soaking. They wouldn't even acknowledge my comments with much more than a "A Huh". Obviously irritated with me for being critical of their setup. Anyone who buys them will not be given the correct method of keeping them because they will try to copy the store setup. I felt sorry for the pityful torts. There was no hide for either of them and they were each tucked in at different corners of the tank. I left upset and thoroughly disgusted with such ignorant attitudes.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]