kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Some training success!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tegu Forum ]

Posted by attentiveear on April 10, 2003 at 11:04:18:

In Reply to: Some training success! posted by Rollin on April 10, 2003 at 10:49:52:

Awesome work! I might need/use these pointers soon, or more like now with our quite skittish Arg. B&W juvie. LOL
We just got a juvie arg. red and he is just amazing and calm.
He has been sleeping though for the last 1-2 days attmepting to acclimate and get over his time in the shipping carton. I'll ost pics once he is up and about.

Greg

:Even though he's still young I've had some progress with Taz. I've been taking him to the bath tub to go potty every day as they like to go in the water. He soon stopped going potty in his cage waiting for me to take him to the tub. Now he has got to know he's supposed to go in the tub so I don't even need the water anymore!
:Have you ever noticed how they'll run at you if you wiggle your fingers or pat the ground? When he's hungry I pat the ground say “come here Taz” and he'll run right over anxiously! It's surprisingly easy and reliable. It's worked the last 10 or so times I've tried. I don't want to try it when he's not hungry yet because I want to be able to reward him with food, but I'm guessing he won't come if he's not hungry.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tegu Forum ]