kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Adult Forum Behavior

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]

Posted by Buzztail1 on December 31, 2002 at 21:10:47:

Acanthophis taxonomy - Go to the Taxonomy forum N/P
as posted on
[The Venomous Snake Forum]
Posted by rayhoser on December 31, 2002 at 18:09:50:
Go to the Taxonomy forum

The above was posted on the venomous forum much in the manner that a schoolboy might yell "FIGHT"
in the lavatory to draw a crowd.
I routinely avoid this forum because of the unpleasant behavior of some of the people involved.
Some people routinely find it difficult to comport themselves in an adult manner.
I wonder if it would be acceptable if I stopped by anyone's site and copied one of their pictures
and later posted it with what I believe to be the obviously correct name, as opposed to the name
it was originally posted on the owner's site? I find the defense of such behavior to be distasteful
and lacking in character.
That is exactly how the current "Taxonomic" debacle appears to me.
Whether or not this particular Death Adder is closer to that one or this one is of little consequence
to the average keeper. It is a scholarly study of the minutist details. "I told everybody that they
looked different ten years ago" is a poor presentation in the scientific community.
I am not sure why this war must be waged in layman public places instead of consecutive refuting
presentations in peer reviewed journals. Given that it IS occurring in layman public places such as the
Taxonomy Forum here at kingsnake, all efforts should be made to keep it here and not spread it
over the other forums.
Some of us prefer our mundane regional arguments and observations that do not continually
threaten to get our forums shut down.
Thank you for providing space for my rant.
The very best wishes for a fruitful and prosperous new year.
Karl H. Betz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]