kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

LARGE snake in need of help in Palm Springs !!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The SWHS Forum ]

Posted by Tony Basica's Weirdsnakes on December 21, 2001 at 16:13:38:

This was emailed to me about a large snake needed help. I hope someone there in california can help out with this !!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I live in Palm Springs, Ca. and they've got a VERY large snake at our local Animal Shelter. I was told they were not allowed to release the animal and I let it go at that. It has been there at least 10 years, in the same fish tank, in a dark hallway between the cat and dog divisions of the shelter. I had to drop off flyers at the Shelter again yesterday and noticed the snake again [looking very very large in that fish tank] and it just broke my heart. I'm NEW to this Internet stuff but determined to find someone who could rescue this poor creature from what must be a terrible life.
I found your site and photo of snake w/red car ... the snake at our shelter is AT LEAST THAT BIG. (((that snake was a 17' 200+lb burmese python I had rescued !!)))
Do you know of a RESCUE group in this area? I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.
Thank you,
Pam
---------------------------------------------------------------
below is state law regarding reptiles being held at state/county/city facilities. I don't like snakes but I feel so terrible for that huge snake they've had for so many years at the PS Shelter. Is there someone I can call? That's no kind of life ... even if it is a snake ... at least the other animals have some chance of adoption ... I'm sure there are people out there who'd adopt it and give it a loving home (people who love snakes LOVE SNAKES) but I've asked twice and they said they won't let it go. Do you think I could make them? What do you think?

FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CODE
SECTION 31753
Any rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, pot-bellied pig, bird, lizard, snake, turtle, or tortoise legally allowed as personal property impounded in a public or private shelter shall be held for the same period of time, under the same requirements of care, and with the same opportunities for redemption and adoption by new owners or nonprofit, as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, animal rescue or adoption organizations as cats and dogs. Section 17006 shall also apply to these animals. In addition to any required spay or neuter deposit, the pound or shelter, at its discretion, may assess a fee, not to exceed the standard adoption fee, for animals released to nonprofit animal rescue or adoption organizations pursuant to this section.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The SWHS Forum ]