kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

(Sorta funny now that it's over) Burm bite story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]

Posted by magicman on May 03, 2002 at 00:35:33:

Just thought I'd share a story about a burm bite I witnessed which, now that it's over, was actually quite humorous. I was feeding Burt, my 6 foot burm, who always ate in his cage. I held him regularly so he wasn't really on any type of feeding schedule. At the time, his cage was on top of my iguana cage, so he was situated approx. 4 feet off the ground. I entered the room with the boxed rat. Like an idiot, I opened the cage FIRST and then got down near the floor to get the rat out of the box. My younger brother came in to watch, just like he'd done a zillion times before. He bent down to see the rat, and all of a sudden YELLED and said, "What gots me? What gots me?"! I looked up and couldn't see anything wrong (because of the angle I had). I stood and couldn't believe my eyes. Burt, apparently smelling the food and then looking out of his cage to see my brothers freshly buzzed head, had connected the two and was clamped onto the top of my brothers head! His mouth was open completely flat (kind of like those pictures of rattlesnakes striking at balloons)! Well, Burt realized right away that this thing didn't taste like rat so he let go and we had a good laugh but... My own stupidity was to blame. It really is a good thing that Burt wasn't any larger or this incident could have been a lot more serious!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]