kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Interesting...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HerpTech on June 15, 2001 at 11:26:05:

True story.
About 6 years ago i aquired my first ball python. It was an inspring animal. My 2nd snake infact (so i was kind of inexperienced). I wasn't very impressed with the service. Turns out he(i think)was wild caught. I found about 15 ticks imbedded under the scales. They blend in very well. This was after having the snake like a month. I also had my first snake at this time ( a corn snake)also. I had my ball python and my corn snake in the same ten gallon. I'm surprised the corn snake didnt get squished. It was about the size of a pencil. Anyways after having them for about 8 months i wake up one morning to find my ball python missing. The tiny corn snake didn't even make an attempt to escape even thought the screen cover was all the way off. So i looked and looked everywhere for about a week. Tore my house apart literally and i never found her. I later came to the conclusion that the ball python had escaped my house some how. So about 6 months later right after dinner I hear a big BOOM! and my aunt screaming. I run to the basement to find my ball python on top of the dryer where my aunt was putting clothes in it. The snake was in the rafters and fell onto the dryer when my aunt was doing laundry. That scared the hell out of her. She was quite mad for a week after that. I then realized i was a little too irresponsable to keep it and i gave it to a friend at the zoo. I still stayed in the Herp club and had my subscription to reptiles mag. After a short period i realized i couldn't live without some reptiles. Blah blah 5 years pass and i got rid of all my reptiles again except for a single month old female reticulated python(definate perminant resident). Well I guess that's the end. Hope you have enjoyed my weird story. Stop by my site and say hi some time. :D - Randy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]