return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Talk about a stupid move

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by marcus on June 03, 2000 at 21:20:44:

I was working in my yard last summer when I turned up a small jet black shiny snake. I have worked with snakes for over twenty years and I am familiar with every snake in my area. This one was 12" long jet black all around with a small head and shiny. It could burrow into the ground as fast as a ribbon snake takes to water. obviously some kind of earth snake. One problem the color was not right. I turned to all of my feild guides pictures and descriptions. Nothing matched. I called the Georgia Wildlife non game department to describe my find. They had no idea what I had unearthed. They were eager to come and see the snake, so we made an appointment in three days. Well of all the stupid things I have ever done this one takes the cake. Idiot here decided to play with it on the back deck. It wasnt long before it shot out of my hand between the deck boards and under the deck. Peering below I saw it dissappear into the soil never to see it again. I cannot describe the feeling but it was not a good one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]