return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Wow, maybe I've found the people for the opinions I need:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heather on March 13, 2000 at 14:44:47:

In Reply to: Wow, maybe I've found the people for the opinions I need: posted by Tanya on February 21, 2000 at 17:23:02:

DON'T offer your services for free! Make them
pay you in frozen rats if need be. But you can
both win here. I'm sure there are more options
than you just walking away or throwing a fit.
Point out the value you add and that your time and
knowledge are valuable, then recommend that all your
food crickets, mice rats, etc. should be free.
Try it.
: OK, I'll try to make a long story as short as possible......
: My regular rodent supplier for my Burm went exclusively aquatic, so I had to go elsewhere, locally. I looked at their snakes & was Kinda horrified, but kept my mouth shut, I was just there to get mice, right? After a couple of weeks of this thought, I HAD to handle their Oh-so-vicious snakes, just to give them comfort. Many had attatched sheds, adhered eye-caps, and the 2 Ball Pythons hadn't eaten in over 2 months, I'd had enough, when a retic died right in my hands, and so I volunteered to take care of the snakes. The Owner claimed that she was misled by the manager, that the snakes were just fine, and could I please help? She'd sooooooo appreciate it.......
: NOW- I come in on my volunteer day, and I find 2 Dumerils, and 2 new retics, in addition to the 2 Balls, 3 Red Tails, & Burm I was caring for! This B**CH, says she didn't know what was going on, yet now that a caring human is around, she takes in new stock!
: I don't want to leave a buch of herps suffering, but what if I can't come, some week? And she did this assuming I'd care for the snakes without a dime in recompense......
: Knowing her temperament, now, I can either turn away & let the snakes suffer, have a show-down with her, whereupon I'll be barred from the store, or keep my mouth shut, and give the best care I can to the snakes, and hope they sell, quickly, to get them out of this shop, BUT-if sales increase, then MORE snakes will suffer! OH! I want some opinions, please....... :(
: Thanx-
: T.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]