return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Lost pine sp correction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Buddy Grout on February 08, 1999 at 19:48:05:

In Reply to: Lost pine posted by Buddy Grout on February 08, 1999 at 19:44:36:

: I do snake lectures about once a month at Merritt Island wildlife refuge Florida. Yesterday I did my usual one hour talk. I use 5 gallon buckets to carry my larger snakes and rubbermaid sweater boxes for the smaller ones. After the talk I carried my buckets out and put them in the back of my truck which was parked right next to a large stand of woods. I went back to get my rubbermaid containers I probably took 5-10 minutes. When I got home I started putting up my snakes. Fl king no prob.,Albino cal king no prob. FL pine empty bucket. Panic set in ,I first looked around my truck and in the bed. My favorite snake was gone.
: I quickly put up the smaller snakes. I drove back to the refuge the rangers helped me check out the lecture room no snake. It has no been 45 minutes since my talk had finished. I checked all around where my truck had been parked no snake.As it is heavily wooded I rationalized that at least It was in good habitat.I even mulled over the idea of thievery. But the lid was loose when I went to put her up,so I figured a great snake had escaped due to my carelessness. So all day I have been mad at myself and thinking if only I had checked the lid better I wouldn't have lost her.When I got home from work today I was thinking about where the snake would go. Assuming it had not been stolen and since the parking lot was fairly busy, I thought someone would have seen it if it had crawled out of my truck. I have a bed liner in my truck and the back near where the buckets were secured has a hole on each side.I had thought to check yesterday but had banged all around the liner and heard nothing.Today when I got home I decided to go ahead and take the liner out
: because it probably needed cleaning anyway.Well to my great joy and happiness there she was coiled in a corner along with dead oak leaves.I like happy endings.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]