kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

my first cornsnake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]

Posted by tedn on April 17, 2003 at 17:43:39:

Back in 1959 I moved to Pompano Beach,Florida from England via Canada. I was fourteen and very excited to come to Florida. After all there were turtles, lizards, snakes and alligators all over the place! And located just down the road from my house was a creek that flowed from the Everglades all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. The creek was named Cypress Creek. Along its banks and outward for several hundred yards on each side grew large cypress trees, huge banyons trees and a variety of other plants making it look like something out of a Tarzan movie. It also full of animals including every type of reptile known to the area. What a wonderful place to explore which I did at every opportunity. Unfortunately though the area was also prime property for development and not too long after I moved there it was totally destroyed. While they were knocking down the trees and turning the creek into a canal I continued to explore and snake hunt. One sunny day I was sitting atop one of the large banyon trees which was laying on its side when something caught my eye. It was a beautiful corn snake crawling along one of the lower branches and highlighted by the sunlight. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was truly dazzling...bright orange blotches on a silver background! I'll never forget it! I think it was the most beautiful snake I've ever caught!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]